American Culinary Federation Chefs Las Vegas
The ACF Chefs Las Vegas organization is the Las Vegas Chapter of the American Culinary Federation, a nationwide chef organization comprised of over 22,000 members.
Our membership is reflective of the many faces the Culinary World represents here in Las Vegas. Within our roster we have Executive Chefs, Catering Chefs, Educator Chefs, Private Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Room Chefs, Corporate Chefs, Student Chefs and a corps of Associate Members who represent all categories of food service supply.
We pride ourselves on meeting and networking to accomplish common goals for the association and our community. Our group was founded in 1968 on the principles of fellowship and professionalism, and we value those principles every day.
We encourage our members to complete the Certification Program established by the American Culinary Federation, by demonstrating their expertise. We sponsor facilities in Las Vegas to keep the program current.
Many of our members have achieved both city and nation-wide recognition through association with our chapter, the ACF, trade magazines, and of course, employers looking for people who are willing to go the extra step.
What We Do
Throughout the year we participate in and sponsor numerous community events:
- Our Chefs for Kids program has served nearly 10,000 meals in at-risk elementary schools and the program goal is to eliminate malnutrition and hunger through targeted education, awareness, and example.
- We donate funds to ProStart, a high school culinary challenge as well as to Clark County School District's Southeast Career Technical Academy Culinary Program.
- The Shade Tree Women’s Shelter receives a generous donation of gifts at Christmas and we donate funds to Opportunity Village.
- We also assist in supporting the Nevada State Junior Hot Team at state and regional competitions which provides the opportunity for students to practice their skills.
- We host a Christmas Party and a Golf Tournament for our community sponsors.
- This year we established Scholarships for Students, and will be honoring lucky recipients with funds for culinary school.
- Our Chef of the Year gala dinner culminates each season by allowing us to celebrate the accomplishments of our members.
A Culinary Journey
We invite you to explore and enjoy our site. Coming attractions will include recipes, celebrity chef interviews, and more. You can also Tweet with us now. Join us on Facebook and other social networks in the coming months. Jumpstart your journey here with our Site Map.
Our Student Culinarians are the joy and future of our organization. Please contact us if you know of promising culinary students in need of mentorship and assistance! View the ACF Chefs of Las Vegas Student Web Site.